Monday, January 12, 2015

Red Carpet Round Up: The 72nd Golden Globe Awards


When an awards show is named for a precious metal, why would we expect anything besides metallic gowns to rule the Red Carpet?? Metals certainly made their statement last night at the 72nd Golden Globe Awards but there wasn't one metallic shade in particular that we saw on repeat. Gunmetal, silver, champagne and even bronze stole the show. Hollywood's sirens looked gorgeous, as always, but I have to give my best dressed of the night to Julianne Moore in her ombre Givenchy. STUNNING! What a major movie star moment. Dakota Johnson came dangerously close to stealing Moore's look but her Chanel gown traded the feathered skirt for a center slit. Crisis averted.


My two favorite redheads served us some serious style. Props to Emma Stone for taking a risk by wearing an unexpected jumpsuit with beaded bodice by Lanvin. The giant bow gave the edgy look a playful nod. Jessica Chastain was simply sexy in her bronze Versace dress. I would almost dare to say her dress looks comfortable if it weren't for the knotted plunge.



Speaking of the plunge, Jennifer Lopez and Sienna Miller showed off some major décolletage- one more than another- in their opulent frocks. Zuhair Murad designed J. Lo's dress, which reminds me a teeny bit of one of her other famous Red Carpet looks, while Sienna looked perfectly fresh in Miu Miu.



Emily Blunt and Quvenzhane Wallis brought a bit of brightness and freshness to the Red Carpet. Blunt accessorized her Michael Kors gown with resort worthy turquoise jewelry while Wallis looked sweet and age appropriate in Armani



There were many other gorgeous looks last night but I left off most of the gowns that I felt like we had seen before. ***cough cough Kate Hudson*** 

But more than that, I must say that I appreciated the serious cultural and political undertones to the evening. I won't hop on my high horse here but I want to just say one thing:

Kindness matters and the world is watching. Each of us will be held accountable for the way we treat others in life.

But that's an entirely different blog post...

Who was your best dressed at the Globes? Please leave me your comments!

all images via InStyle and US Magazine

2 comments:

  1. Looooved Moore's dress. Wish she'd done something with her hair. My fav was Reece Witherspoon but I'm not a fashion risk-taker. Loved the way it fit her. Emma Stone is so cool. And can you imagine wearing Armani at 11 years old??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!