Monday, December 22, 2014

The Perfect Red Lip

http://behappy.me/do-your-squats-eat-your-vegetables-wear-red-lipstick-and-dont-let-boys-be-mean-to-you-188617
via 
 
Every girl needs a good red lipstick. It's sort of a rite of passage into full-fledged womanhood. As a redhead, I have long struggled with this hunt. Nothing was ever quite right...until recently. This time of year begs for a fun red lip so just in time for the last round of holiday parties, I must present to you the result of the search for perfect red lipstick. 
http://bit.ly/13nm5hQ
 NARS Audacious Lipstick in Lana

Elle recently published an article about several types of make-up that were perfect for every skin tone. They suggested NARS Audacious Lipstick in Lana as the perfect red for everybody. Considering I have been on the hunt for this shade for years, I ran to my closest Sephora to test it for myself... and helloooooooo orange pout. With just two swipes of this lipstick, my pucker was a bright shade of nectarine- not exactly what I was going for. Luckily, Sephora had other great NARS lipstick options. 
http://bit.ly/13nm5hQ
 
One shade cooler than Lana is Annabella. Eureka! The lipstick is perfection. As a red, it's not too aggressive or overpowering. It just provides a really striking pop of color, much more so than I'm used to wearing, without a crazy red-lips-in-yo-face effect. I can easily wear this lipstick during the day with just a little blush and mascara and think it will be really pretty in the evening with a hint of gold or bronze eye. 

(Insert cheesy selfie of me puckering up to show off my red lipstick)


This time of year, I'll use anything to keep me from looking like Casper! If you've been struggling to find the right red lipstick, give this one a try. The best part about Sephora is that if you don't like something, you can send it back. Do not commit to anything until you've given it a test drive.
Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!