Tuesday, December 9, 2014

By The Chimney With Care...

 
http://www.everydayhomeblog.com/2012/12/ChristmasMantel.html
 via
 
Are you ready for a little holiday decor chat? Or are you up to your eyeballs in it and ready to think about something else?? I'll make this brief just in case you're the latter! 
 
A friend of mine recently told me she was having the hardest time finding Christmas stockings she really liked. Her sweet family is just beginning to grow as she is married with an adorable baby boy who recently turned one. Like many girls who are trying to plan for their family, she was looking for a beautiful stocking with a little bit of charm and a lot of longevity. It had to be the piece they would pull out at Christmas year after year, they would fill with Santa's tiny surprises and cheerfully sift through together on Christmas morning. When she just couldn't find anything that fit that bill, I offered to help get one made and imagine my delight when she agreed! We had a little inspiration, she gave me a color scheme and we came up with a design...
 

 
 
 

The stockings for this family of three were completed yesterday and are off to the monogram shop today! We are both so pleased with how they turned out! I can't wait to see these hanging on their mantel this year.

 
 It truly warms my heart to think about these sweet friends of mine using these stockings every Christmas. It's such a special time of year and this family is very special to me. When you get to help create pieces for people's homes, big or small, it is TRULY an HONOR. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to make people happy and help make things that will last. 

 So there's my Christmas story for this year!! Happy holidays to all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!