Monday, January 13, 2014

Red Carpet Round-Up: The 71st Annual Golden Globes

Welcome back to award season! It's my favorite time of year. So. Much. Eye Candy. Some years I watch and feel so disappointed but this year did not let me down. (Way to go, stylists!!)

My Red Carpet gold medal goes to award show newcomer and nominee Lupita Nyong'o in her red caped Ralph Lauren gown. The dress was fairly simple yet she looked chic and sophisticated. It goes to show you how important tailoring really is. And if you take a peek at her Instagram account, you'll see that she's no stranger to high style. In fact, she's one of the faces of Miu Miu's spring campaign. I can't wait to see more of her style in the future!


In a close second, Cate Blanchett invoked old Hollywood glamour in a black lace Armani Prive number. I wish you could see the back of this stunner- open and cut way down without being too revealing. Ms. Blanchett always knows how to walk that line between regal yet alluring. Gorgeous! 


Another award season newcomer, Margot Robbie STUNNED in Gucci. The embellishments on her ivory crepe gown added the perfect touch of sparkle. Thank the lawwwd she didn't overdo it by piling on accessories- stud earrings and one simple pinky ring kept her look in balance. Let this be a lesson: editing is key!!


Nominee Julianna Margulies wowed in her black and gold Andrew Gn. Like Nyong'o's Ralph Lauren, Margulies' dress was not overly complicated and I love its ease. It had just the right amount of embellishment and her black and gold Art Deco drop earrings were the perfect accent. Michelle Dockery also looked effortless in her gilded Oscar de la Renta gown. The high-low hem gave it just enough interest to keep it from looking too predictable and she too let her dress do all the talking while accessories took a backseat. Fashion (and styling) at its finest!



My favorite risk taker award is a tie. Emma Watson's Dior red gown layered over black pants are the perfect risk for a young lady of her age. She looks entirely appropriate but gives us a flash of a fun surprise when she turns. Genius! Zooey Deschanel's cropped Oscar de la Renta top was also an unexpected surprise. Sometimes her quirky style turns me off but this night I was on board with her. Maybe it was the studded pumps?! 



Speaking of studded pumps, did anyone else notice that there was hardly a platform sandal in sight?? What goes around comes around I suppose! 

Who wore your favorite Red Carpet looks last night?! I'm dying to hear what everyone thought. Did I miss anyone that you just loved? It's always fun to see who you thought were hits and misses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!