Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Farm Weddin'

One of my oldest and dearest friends gets married on her family's farm this month. What a great way to kick off wedding season! This splendid event calls for some thoughtful outfit planning though- it will be warm during the day but probably chilly at night. We'll be negotiating with uneven and grassy terrain as we trot from the ceremony site to the reception. And, of course, we'll want to look celebratory in our brights and as fabulous as a wedding guest should be!

I've come up with a few ideas for myself and my frieds, using the color of the bridesmaids' dresses- PINK- as inspiration. Our friends range from fulltime moms to doctors pulling 36-hour shifts. But no matter our lifestyles, we all enjoy looking good and feeling even better when we gather as friends.


The structured jacket adds angles to an otherwise flowy tank dress. The dress's asymmetrical hem allows a little more freedom of movement, key on the dance floor. Sturdy stacked heels are practical for walking on the jagged terrain but an open toe and espadrille platform lend a whisper to the warmer weather. 



For those who love a nod to vintage and are inspired by the romance of a wedding, a silk, blush-toned dress accented with lace black sleeves serves both fashion and function. Play up the black detailing with a simple clutch and cocktail ring in the same color. Wedges support your steps as you walk through fields and gravel. 


Charlie Jade Maxi Dress
Yochi Earrings
Blu Bijoux Bangles
BCBGeneration Wedges


A beautifully patterned maxi dress goes from coastal to cocktails when dressed up with gold accessories. All you need is a wrist full of bangles and neck grazing chandelier earrings for your jewels. An open toe, wedged pump keeps you chic and comfortable as you float across the farm.


So whether your style is over-the-top, under the radar or right at heart level, there's sure to be a look that appeals to you. Can't wait to see what everyone chooses for the farm wedding day!

11 comments:

  1. Have you decided what to wear? Love all options, but I think #1 is particularly bad ass (though, you know me, I'd probably be in #3). That will be a really fun wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think #1 is bad ass too...I think I would lean more that direction myself if I actually owned that dress! Can't you picture Em C. in #1, Mayhew in #2 and Routhie in #3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you agree!! Can you please wear that somewhere if you can't come to the wedding???

      Delete
  4. yes! love these, I am thinking #3 for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a style chameleon! You could pull off any of those three.

      Delete
  5. I wish I could pull together something even close to any of these. I will be at the wedding but more than likely not looking half this stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slinks, I've seen your blog photos and you look CUTE in all of them! Don't lie. :)

      Delete
  6. Ohh I was just about to post that I would pick #2!! hahaha love it and how much I can rely on you to help me out here. I can def see Bex and Routhie in #3. Em C and Genna--you're #1 for sure. Soggs--you in the cute Azalea dress. Slinks-- I can see you in any!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *correction--Suggs I meant Tibi dress, not azalea festival dress.
    And at first glance I thought that was your bedroom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaa! Glad you picked the one I made for you!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!