Monday, November 28, 2011

Style Sophisticate

via Hello Magazine

Lately, I have really had a craving for subtle, sophisticated style. I'm feeling sort of done right now with all of the busy patterns and trying-to-hard clashing colors. You must be wondering if I fell and bumped my noggin over the holiday as I am the QUEEN of way-too-many-colors-at-once, but I seem to have finally joined with the rest of the mature, stylish world when I realized solids and neutrals just have this classic staying power that looks chic no matter one's age, the season or even the year.

via Independent

I knew just who to turn to for a little sophisticate inspiration. Her Serene Highness (don't you just love that?!) The Princess of Monaco, aka Charlene Wittstock.

The South African swimmer turned Monaco maven has caught my eye- and others' as well, as she's seen above seated with Anna Wintour at Paris Fashion Week- with her sartorial selections. Whether sexy chic in Armani or properly tailored in Akris, Her Serene Highness always looks not only appropriate and polished but also chic and glamorous.

via TopDekk

via Sip With Socialites

via Royal Fashionistas

via Nick Verreos

via Nick Verreos

These looks clearly aren't about being trendy, per se, but are undoubtedly fashionable. There is a sharpness to her style that keeps her from looking frumpy. Dare I say, she reminds me of another royal woman...a Hollywood royal, that is.

via Elle.com

So now that we have our inspirations- foreign and domestic- it's time to source these items in shops! I'll be doing a little shopping and will report back to let you know what I come up with. Until then, stay solid, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Savoir-Flair. I look forward to reading your comments!